With over 35 years in the Marina and Hospitality Industry, I have held Senior Executive positions with International and Domestic Hotels and Marina Management Companies. My first introduction to marinas came through my position as the VP of Business Development for the renowned Bahia Mar Resort Yachting Center in 1984 -1992. I have also served as the Executive Vice President of International Marinas and was responsible for evaluating all possible marina acquisitions and overseeing operations of marinas under management contracts
My newfound passion for Cuba began when I participated in a marina expert panel on July 13, 2013 for the preparation and review of a study on Developing Yachting and Marinas in the Caribbean,
The panel was organized by he UN’s Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC). During these discussions it became clear to me that Cuba would be a key gateway for U.S. boaters cruising the Caribbean.
- U.S. Coast Guard – Licensed Captain 100 Ton Master – with towing endorsement.
- Florida Licensed and Bonded Yacht Salesperson.
- Florida Real Estate Broker
- Florida County Court Certified Mediator #23412C.
- New York State Certified Boating Safety Instructor.
- ASA Certified Sailing Instructor.
- Certified Hotel Administrator.
- Certified Hospitality Marketing Executive.
- Florida Marine Industries Association.
- City of Fort Lauderdale Marine Advisory Board.
- Boating Writers International – Free Lance Writer for various publications.
- The International Travel Writers Alliance – Free Lance Writer.
- Florida Yacht Brokers Association.
- ABBRA – American Boat Builders & Repairers Association.
- Turnaround Management Association.
- Hemingway International Yacht Club – Havana Cuba